Tuesday 1 February 2011

2011

Welcome : )

This is my first blog of the year and also my first blog in a very, very long time. Too much has happened to cram into here but I'll see what I can do ; )


First things first! I've finally graduated (we got there in the end guys haha). After four years at Westminster, (1 year of Law, then 3 of English Literature) I came out the other end, with a 2:1! Yay to me. Without blowing my trumpet too much I am overly proud of myself, while still maintaining a full blown Hip-Hop dance career. Madness!! For those interested in my dissertation topic, my title was " An analysis of Mass Hysteria as an instrument of Evil as represented in The Crucible and the Lord of the Flies."

Since my last blog I've travelled, with my former dance crew Plague, to several places and performed at different events including UK BBOYS Photoshoot, MJ Timeless in Blackpool, London and more. Here are a few pics. All experiences were significant in one way or another, especially the latter. *cough cough*


 I don't think I have ever learnt so much from one job in my life. Impressions of people were shattered, I saw and heard things that I was shocked at daily, and of course I met and shared some amazing experiences with people that I will never forget.

 
After a constant and eventful 6 months back and forth, living in Eindhoven, I am back in LDN, applying for jobs abroad (TEFL in Asia). After training, invigilating and teaching abroad it was another significant experience that has made yet another shape in the mould that is... me. I met some amazing people, without whom I would not have made it out the other end alive. 
I would like to pass out my deepest thanks and love to those people, especially Shash and Leonie. And of course my rocks back here in LDN. Nuna, Tina, Nicole, Diane, Mike, Leon, Rayan.. you guys have, in some way, strengthened my growing and ever changing personality into what I hope to be a positive and balanced young lady.

Presently I am in the middle of TEFL applications which I am finding very exciting and advise anyone who wants to make an impact on children, teaching abroad, learn another language or culture and to earn money, to think about this as an option at some point. 

Short and sweet update...will be checking in to finish this off tomoro!

J x

No comments:

Post a Comment