Sunday 28 March 2010

Crawl

So I'm listening to Chris Brown's new single 'Crawl' and I'm thinking about the idea of judgement. It's something we all do, intentionally or not. But in this case a clear case of domestic violence, is it okay? Is it fair to judge someone whether it is a friend for letting you down, a partner for hurting you or a relationship breaking down and crossing a physical barrier? Some have argued that she (Rihanna)  must have done something that was deserved for this punishment but does this suffice? If not, let's say Mr. Brown did hit her but it was a one off and he had never ever done anything like that in his entire life. Should he be forever judged based on this one action? Because if so does that not mean we should all be judging ourselves because I am sure there are more than one-off occasions that  we look back and feel like we could have dealt with in a better way.

Should we not then treat others the way we want to be treated? If we make a mistake or do something where the average person would judge us because they do not know better, then should'nt we be open-minded enough to believe in change. Personally I used to judge people too abruptly I believe because I was so wrapped up in a single action and overwhelmed in justifying my judgement through a comment, ommision or action because of this, however I have recently let go and embraced that everybody can change. I believe in the good of humanity. Unfortunately we are corrupt in nature as history has so painfully demonstrated but what makes us beautiful is that we have rationality combined with emotion so really we are capable of anything.

I propose we try our hardest to fight what seems our natural instinct of judgement. That when we find out someone hurts a loved one or indeed ourselves we....stop. And realise that there is a natural progression in life, but that this progression is along a road full of bumps, holes, wrong turns, one ways, u-turns etc...So accept that sometimes we have to go back to the beginning and.. crawl. Crawl, walk, jump, run and then fly. It is hard and I fail regularly but I try....I believe in change and I am happy that I have opened my mind enough to understand that humans by nature make mistakes. If someone does not want to change then that is a different matter entirely but if there is a strong connection between the mistake someone has made and the desire to change then I believe we should try and allow this within ourselves which in turn will allow us to judge them not as harshly, if at all.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment