Thursday 17 February 2011

Why are women so sensitive about their weight?


So...
This is just a short and sweet post after a mini conversation regarding women being 'sensitive' when talking about weight.
It actually annoyed me as I personally don't have a problem with my weight and I don't mind talking about it or saying how much I weigh.

While talking to this person about weight, they refused to listen to my reasoning behind why women are supposedly, just innately more sensitive to their weight and stuck to their guns on the matter. 

VERY VERY annoying. There is nothing worse than arguing with someone who doesn't listen.

If people actually think about the reason why women are so sensitive about their weight in this day and age and in this society, I  think they'll find the root of the problem to be far from being simply innate or due to our genetic make-up.

Society, stereotypes, gender roles, sexuality, capitalism, patriarchy, media..... to name but a few.

Jaz x

No comments:

Post a Comment