Tuesday 23 March 2010

All is fair in love and war?

Okay...so this is going to be one long ass blog. Here goes...


After being told about this form of yoga for a couple years I actually embarked on it at the Soho base: BIKRAM YOGA. Absolutely amazing and sooo worth the money. Calm, balance, conditioning and....SWEAT! It is a great exercise that I recomend to all. And a shout out to all the different peeps that came with me at different times throughout my 10 day trial period. I can't wait to hit the Balham venue...

It was also a great preliminary for jetting out to the middle east for a dance gig! I have recently returned from Bahrain performing with PLAGUE at the F1 which was an amazing experience. I have many opinions on the culture there but it's not that kind of blog today (maybe another time) but despite this I had a great time surrounded by great people and I engaged myself in an event that I would otherwise never give 2 counts of 8 for.I managed to meet some nice people out there who helped me out with securing a few autographs for my stepdad Peter who is a F1 fanatic. So thanks guys : ) I was also lucky to meet some great singers including Kele Le Roc, Ryan Shaw (US), Shaun Pinky and Ella Hogg. Amazing talent. Stand up UK!

University is insane at the moment. It is all GO from now on until the end of the academic year and the amount of work is RIDICULOUS! All sympathies to any 3rd year students out there! We can do it guys!

Last week I attended the launch party for Shean Williams album "Mixed not Mastered" which was a fabulous event. It was held at an intimate venue, Proud Galleries, in Camden and the turnout was good. All different types of people showed up which gave the night a versatile and comfortable edge. As usual Shean's performances were amazing and he was accompanied by 2 very talented backing vocalists whose names I did not manage to catch, MCs and musicians. The band were energetic and on point throughout the whole night and to be honest I didn't want it to end. Tracks to look out for are LDLA, New Me and my old favourites Close your Eyes and Dreamt in Colour which are sadly not on the album. There were giveaways by SupremeBeing including t-shirts and vouchers and despite over priced drinks it was a perfect setting for a perfect night. Can't wait for the next one. Watch this space!!

Lastly...I just wanted to throw something out there... to provoke some thoughts about certains things..
HYPOTHETICALLY...let's say you make a friend of the opposite sex who you click with on sooo many levels. Intelligence, humour, entertainment, wit etc.. You speak for hours, you like the same shizz, you share a love for food and don't hesitate in trying new things together....HOWEVER. There is something *** , whether it is in their control or NOT, that means you will only  ever look at them as a friend and therefore limits the amount of physical attraction. Does this mean you are stopping nature from running its course? Or are you using reason to mould and help cultivate something that may only be at its best in the realm of friendship? Unfortunately due to there being no more than platonic love between these two hypotheticals they now do not speak.

Now my question is this..
Is it not better to settle for friendship between the two, so at least they still enjoy eachother's company and personality etc, or should they simply erase that person as if they never existed in their life and endure a painful and what seems self-inflicted selfish torture?

Hmmmmmm...... (bbm just aint the same)

J

P.S OMU x

1 comment:

  1. "Is it not better to settle for friendship between the two, so at least they still enjoy eachother's company and personality etc, or should they simply erase that person as if they never existed in their life and endure a painful and what seems self-inflicted selfish torture?"

    i'm not sure if i would settle, depending on how i felt, i'd remove myself from the whole thing until i looked at the other person in a simply friendly way.
    but that's just me, everyone is different.

    good luck with everything either way.

    ReplyDelete